Why you should oil your hair?
Argan oil has rich vitamin E, phenols, carotenes, squalene, and fatty acids. Fights against drying, dehydrating and the loss of elasticity. Repairs damaged bifurcate hair, instantly heal edgy hair, make hair easy to comb and nourish hair scales and hair core, locks moisture and takes care of chemically stained hair.
Follow these steps to give hair oiling a try:
- Apply oil on your scalp and massage with silicone scalp brush using a circular motion.
- Apply the oil left to your hair.
- Cover with a towel or shower cap and leave on overnight.
- The next day, shampoo hair while dry. Rinse thoroughly.
- Condition as normal. You can also use coconut oil as a conditioner.
Benefits of oiling hair:
- Oils play an important role in protecting hair from regular wear and tear. Oiling hair regularly reduces hygral fatigue, or the swelling and drying of hair.
- Oils protect the follicle from surfactants by filling the gap between cuticle cells.
- When you gently massage the scalp it helps in exfoliation and sometimes that helps in reducing hair fall.
- Oils have fatty acids that help replace lipids in the hair. These are lost due to chemical treatments, styling, or even pollution.
- Lipids play a very important role in making the hair look and feel healthy. They help maintain the shine and gloss of hair.
- Oil helps strengthen the hair shaft, especially in case of frizzy and dry hair. It’s most beneficial when the oil is left in the hair overnight.
How often should you oil your hair?
We recommend oiling hair almost every day as part of dinacharya, or a daily routine, though this may not be realistic for everyone. If leaving oil on overnight isn’t possible, you can oil your hair an hour before you bathe and wrap your head with a hot towel. This will extract some nutrition from the oil in a short time frame.